Laboratory and R&D
Warter Fuels S.A. As part of its research and laboratory activities, Warter Fuels S.A. conducts scientific research, R&D as well as technical and service work in the field of refining and petrochemical industry, including analytical testing in the accredited laboratory (Accreditation Certificate No. AB 297 issued by the Polish Centre for Accreditation).
The Analytical Department specialises in analytical research conducted for the petroleum industry, processing and use of petroleum products, related to the processes of production, distribution and use of fuels. The Analytical Department performs, among others:
- quality tests on raw materials, semi-finished products and refinery and petrochemical products (crude oil, motor gasoline, aviation gasoline, gas/diesel oil, fuel oil, refinery fractions, solvents, diluents and reagents of petroleum origin),
- quality tests of biocomponents and biofuels,
- tests of physicochemical properties and identification of the composition of various organic products and mixtures – comparison of the quality of products with the products of branded market producers,
- improving the control of technological processes by developing correlations linking product quality parameters with its composition and physicochemical properties.
In addition to the above-mentioned services, the Analytical Department deals with the development of new analytical methods and quality control systems for new or modified products.
The R&D conducts research, implementation and service activities in the field of the petroleum and petrochemical industries. These include service, research and design works. The activities of the Department can be divided into the following areas:
- carrying out research on a laboratory and semi-technical basis into the processes of etherification, esterification, hydrotreatment of petroleum products, petroleum reforming and blending,
- conducting laboratory tests for the fractioning of petroleum products,
- performing simulation calculations for refinery and petrochemical processes,
- elaboration of literature and patent analyses in the field of refining and petrochemical industries.
- modernisation of existing industrial technologies to improve product quality, reduce energy intensity, reduce or eliminate the environmental impact of technologies,
- development of new technologies and petroleum products.
- conducting research on the effectiveness of additives in diesel, petroleum and petroleum fractions,
- conducting stability tests on light and heavy oil fractions.